(ATLANTA - Jun 05, 2012)
The questions were diverse, as more than 6,000 people took part in the Atlanta Regional Commission’s (ARC) Wireside Chats last night. ARC is hosting the telephone town hall meetings to give residents of the region a chance to learn more about projects that are part of the upcoming Regional Transportation Referendum. Last night calls with local officials and transportation pros focused on residents of the City of Atlanta and Henry County.
Between now and June 14, residents of the region can participate in 10 more Wireside Chats. The calls are organized by jurisdiction and are free of charge. The schedule for the upcoming Chats is as follows:
- June 5, 7:30 p.m. - Fayette County
- June 6, 6:15 p.m. - North Fulton County
- June 6, 7:30 p.m. - Cobb County
- June 7, 6:15 p.m. - Gwinnett County
- June 7, 7:30 p.m. - Rockdale County
- June 13, 6:15 p.m. - Cherokee County
- June 13, 7:30 p.m. - DeKalb County
- June 14, 6:15 p.m. - South Fulton County
- June 14, 7:30 p.m. - Clayton County
Participants who register in advance at www.metroatlantatransportationvote.com will receive a map they can use to view the locations of projects discussed on the call. Those who do not register can still take part in the chats by calling 1-877-229-8493 and entering 19878# when asked for the passcode. All maps are on the website.