2016 Edition of the Georgia Stormwater Management Manual Volumes 1 & 2
ARC in collaboration with GAEPD, GEFA, a Technical Advisory Group (TAG), and a consultant team led by AECOM have worked to update the Georgia Stormwater Management Manual (the Blue Book) since October 2014. Well over 1200 working hours were spent by the TAG reviewing and refining the 2016 Edition’s content. Through this collaborative effort, Georgia now has an up-to-date tool for managing stormwater that provides not only state-of-the industry practices and information, but also information specific to Georgia.
Download the GSMM 2016 Edition (PDF - 115.6 MB)
For ease of navigation, download our instructions on configuring Adobe Acrobat Reader
Looking for the original Georgia Stormwater Management manual? Click here.
Additional Information on the GSMM 2016 Edition
- The revised manual will not be immediately available for print, but will be formatted in such a way as to allow for printing by the individual user. The revised manual will be easily searchable in electronic format.
- In order to provide for a smooth transition to the revised Manual, communities with MS4 permits may choose to either adopt the 2016 Edition or continue to use the First Edition (August 2001) during calendar year 2016.
- Beginning January 2, 2017, MS4 permittees will be required to use the 2016 Edition (February 2016) as the “latest edition”, or an equivalent manual, unless located in the 24-county Coastal Nonpoint Source Management Area or Area of Special Interest.
- Coastal communities will continue to use the First Edition (April 2009) of the Coastal Stormwater Supplement.
- Required performance standards are enumerated in the MS4 permit. Standards listed in the 2016 Edition (February 2016) of the Blue Book are recommended, but not required for adoption at this time.
- Training opportunities will be provided in 2016 for the revised manual and new design tool. Specific dates and times will be posted on this site.
The Original Georgia Stormwater Management Manual Volumes 1, 2 and 3
The Georgia Stormwater Management Manual is a three-volume document designed to provide guidance on stormwater management policy, technical design standards and pollution prevention.
Volume 1: Stormwater Policy Guidebook
A policy document designed to provide guidance on the basic principles of effective stormwater management for Georgia communities (158 pages).
Download (PDF - 9 MB) Free
Volume 2: Technical Handbook
A technical handbook for design professionals on sustainable site design and stormwater management practices for land development (844 pages).
Download (PDF - 41 MB) Free
Volume 3: Pollution Prevention Guidebook
A compendium of stormwater pollution prevention practices and protocols for use by government agencies, businesses and industries, institutions and the general public (214 pages).
Download (PDF - 2 MB)
Coastal Stormwater Supplement
Best Management Practices (BMPs) Checklists
The checklists below are all PDFs unless specified otherwise.