The 2017 Regional Leadership Institute will be held at
the Westin Savannah Harbor in Savannah, GA
October 1, 2017 - October 6, 2017
Class members are selected based on demonstrated leadership in the community. The selection process maximizes diversity in gender, race, ethnicity, occupational affiliation and geography to achieve accurate representation of the region.
What are the benefits of attending RLI?
- Develop a broader awareness of the region in which they live, work and play;
- Acquire a greater knowledge of the interdependence of the diverse communities that constitute the Atlanta region
- Ability to work across political, geographical and institutional boundaries.
Who Should Apply?
Anyone within the Metro Atlanta area who aspires to be a more effective leader in the region may apply. Class members are selected based on demonstrated leadership in the community.
Selection Process maximizes diversity in gender, race ethnicity, occupational affiliation and geography to achieve accurate representation of the region.
The RLI program is designed to accomplish three distinct goals:
- EDUCATE LEADERS about the processes, programs, opportunities and challenges that impact the Metro Atlanta region;
- STIMULATE INTEREST and encourage leadership and engagement in regional affairs;
- CREATE A NETWORK of community-minded leaders who will lead in a spirit of collaboration that fosters regional prosperity.
All applicants must complete the official application. A selection committee will review applications and make the final selection. Class size is set at 50.
The Regional Leadership Institute is a week-long comprehensive program held Sunday through Friday. Full-day sessions are generally held from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Participants are expected to attend all sessions each day of the program. There are no exceptions.
The fee for the program is $2,400.
The class takes place outside of metro Atlanta. Lodging, program materials and most meals are included in the cost of tuition.