A Transportation Study involves the review, evaluation, assessment and design of transportation systems, facilities and modes within a city, county or region. The goal of Transportation Studies is to help public agencies identify issues so they can determine policies and investment strategies to guide the future direction of their communities and the region. The outcomes of the plan are meant to provide people access to services required for a better quality of life. Some transportation projects within these plans may be recommended to be included in the Regional Transportation Plan.
Click on the links below to find out more information about ARC's recently completed transportation studies.
Bicycle & Pedestrian Studies
Human Services Transportation Studies
Roads & Highways
- Congestion Management Process (2010) - A systematic process for managing congestion by providing information on transportation system performance and finds alternative ways to alleviate congestion and maximize the efficiency of the transportation system.
- Tara Boulevard-US 19/41 Multimodal Corridor Study (2007)
- Buford Highway Multimodal Corridor Study (2007)
- State Route 6 Transportation Corridor Study (2008)
- Strategic Regional Thoroughfare Plan - To develop an innovative and sustainable thoroughfare network and management plan that will enhance the region’s accountability in providing acceptable levels of services for all thoroughfare users, prioritize future investment, and strengthen the link between transportation planning and traffic management and operations.
Transportation Demand Management
- Regional TDM Plan (2013) - The Regional Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Plan is a long-range plan that will define a strategic framework for developing and integrating TDM strategies into planning, project development, and system operations investment decision-making. It is intended to build off the region’s current long-range comprehensive plan, PLAN 2040, and provide input into the update of future regional plans and programs.
Comprehensive Transportation Program
The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) initiated a funding assistance program in 2005 to encourage counties and their municipalities to develop joint long-range transportation plans. The final products will serve as input in developing ARC’s future regional plans. The CTP Program applies to all counties in the Atlanta MPO planning area.
Comprehensive Transportation Plan (CTP) Program