The Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC) is currently accepting applications for federal funding to projects under the Surface Transportation Program – Urban (STP-Urban) and Transportation Alternatives Program (TAP) for fiscal years 2016 through 2019. The focus areas for the solicitation are: (1) new infrastructure projects that are consistent with the LCI program; (2) existing federally funded TIP projects requiring additional federal funds; (3) transportation planning or project feasibility studies; and (4) new infrastructure projects or initiatives that support PLAN 2040 Objectives and the Decision-Making Framework. All project proposals recommended for funding will be incorporated into a subsequent TIP amendment, to be adopted later in 2015.
Due to the lengthy project development and approval processes and expertise required to administer federal-aid construction projects, ARC recommends the requested federal funding amount should be a minimum of $1,000,000 (all phases combined). There is no set funding maximum limit, but projects over $5 million should be scalable/phaseable.
For answers to recently asked questions, click here (updated on 03.23.15).
Funding Application Forms
Required Submittal Tools
Key Supporting Resources
- Application Submittal Period Begin Date - January 21, 2015
- Sponsor Open House #1 - 1:00 PM, Friday, March 6 (ARC Offices, Amphitheater)
- Sponsor Open House #2 - 1:00 PM, Friday, March 20 (ARC Offices, Harry West Room)
- Application Submittal Period End Date – Monday, April 6 by 5:00 PM
- Subsequent Milestone Dates – TBD