The Atlanta Regional Commission is holding a solicitation for TIP project funding proposals, scheduled to open in the first quarter of 2017. ARC will award funds from the Surface Transportation Block Grant Program (STBG), which includes the setaside for Transportation Alternatives, ARC’s Livable Centers Initiative (LCI) program, and the Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality (CMAQ) program in order to accelerate the delivery of projects in the TIP which support the goals and objectives of the Atlanta Region's Plan.
Sponsors will be able to apply for federal funding to add new projects to the TIP, supplement funding for existing TIP projects and submit proposals for studies and related initiatives which do not result in the construction of physical infrastructure.
2017 TIP Solicitation Application Materials
Two online applications have been created to collect funding proposals from eligible sponsors, which may be found below. A user account unique to your organization is required in order to access either application form. ARC will contact all sponsors of existing TIP projects to provide instructions for how to access application materials by Friday, Feburary 17th, 2017. Please contact TIPSolicitation a t atlantaregional.com to request credentials if you have not already received them from ARC staff by 2/17/17.
Use the links below to complete the appropriate solicitation application form. Unsure about which form to complete for your particular proposal? Click here for guidance.
Sponsors must also provide mapping information for each proposal submitted for this solicitation. If your organization already has familiarity with mapping and GIS software, please use the files included within the "GIS File Geodatabase and Guidance" zip archive below to provide ARC with project mapping data. An online mapping portal is also be available for organizations that lack the staff expertise necessary to create GIS data through a desktop GIS software suite. This portal may be accessed at the link below:
Access credentials both the mapping platform and applications will be provided by ARC staff to all existing sponsors of current TIP projects. Other eligible sponsors may contact TIPsolicitation at atlantaregional.com to request access.
Solicitation Schedule and Milestones
- Application Window Opens - February 17th, 2017
- TIP Solicitation Application Workshop #1 - March 3rd , 2017 at 1:00PM in the ARC Harry West Conference Room - Agenda | Presentation (PDF)
- TIP Solicitation Application Office Hours Session (Space is limited; email Amy Goodwin at email@example.com for details and to RSVP) - April 21st, 2017 at 1:00 PM in the ARC Harry West Conference Room
- Application Window Closes - May 17th, 2017
- Staff evaluation period - May through August, 2017
- Draft and final recommendations - 3rd Quarter 2017
- ARC Board adoption of TIP Amendment - 4th Quarter 2017
Key Supporting Resources