The Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board (ARWDB) is responsible for providing policy guidance for the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Service Area designated by the Governor representing Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties.
Workforce Investment Act Plan
The Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board’s Workforce Plan 2014 update for the counties of Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties is available for review at the Atlanta Regional Commission (ARC), the administrative and fiscal agent for the Chief Elected Officials of the above counties. Please contact the Workforce Solutions Division at 404-463-3326 if you are interested in reviewing the document at the ARC offices.
ARWDB 2016 Meeting Dates
All meetings are open to the public and are held at the Atlanta Regional Commission/United Way Loudermilk Center located at 40 Courtland Street, Atlanta, GA 30303.
- Feb 11, 2016, 10:15 a.m. Special Called Meeting of ARC Board Members that are Local Elected Officials of the Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Area, comprised of Cherokee, Clayton, Douglas, Fayette, Gwinnett, Henry and Rockdale counties, to review and approve revisions to the Memorandum of Agreement by and between the Local Elected Officials of the Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Area. Agenda l Meeting Notes l MOA (PDF)
- February 11, 2016, 11:30 a.m. Agenda l Meeting Packet l 2-Day Summary l Meeting Notes (PDF)
- May 26, 2016 - Rescheduled to allow 30-day comment period on WIOA Plan before Board approval of Plan
- June 23, 2016
- August 25, 2016 - Rescheduled due to conflict with State Board Meeting
- September 1, 2016, 11:30 a.m.
- October 27, 2016, 11:30 a.m.
- December TBD - Meeting and Customer/Business Recognition