The OJT program provides employers with the opportunity to train new employees and receive 50-75% reimbursement for their salary during the OJT training period. OJT helps employers fill the gap between a potential employee’s skills and what is required to fully perform the job.
The OJT program helps job seekers enter or re-enter the workforce and gives employers an incentive to hire and train them in full-time skilled or semi-skilled occupations.
How can I get involved with an OJT program through the Atlanta Regional Workforce Development Board (ARWDB)?
An OJT program will require that an employer:
- Have a physical location in the 10-county metro Atlanta region (profit or nonprofit)
- Keep workers on the payroll for at least one year after they complete the specialized training
- Offer positions in full-time employment (30+ hours per week)
- Provide wages of at least $12.70 per hour for the position
- Complete training within six months